1 clove of garlic
200g low fat Greek yogurt
- Wash and grate the cucumber
- Peel and crush or dice the garlic
- Place the Greek yogurt, cucumber and garlic in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice straight into the bowl (through the fingers of your other hand to catch any pips) and mix well.
- Serve as a dip for potato wedges, toasted pitta bread, vegetable sticks or in a wrap with cooked chicken and salad vegetables
* Any leftover tzatziki can be kept in the fridge to eat for up to 2 days later
* The left over cucumber and lemon can be stored in the fridge to make this recipe again (or others, such as the simple salad, raita dip or chilli prawn pasta recipes) later in the week. Alternatively, you can freeze the cucumber and lemon (in freezer bags) for up to 3 months.
* Slice the left over lemon, wrap each slice separately in cling film and freeze (in a freezer bag). Add the frozen lemon slices to drinks, like fruit ice cubes, on a hot day.
* Use coconut yogurt instead of Greek yogurt to make this recipe vegan friendly
* If you don’t have a grater, chop the cucumber into 2 smaller chunks and use a peeler to make ribbons. It’ll make your dip look really fancy