Tuna Mayo Wraps
1 large or 2 small tins of tuna (in spring water)
1 x small 200g tin of sweetcorn
2 spring onions
3-4 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
½ round lettuce
4 large or 8 small tortilla wraps (white, wholemeal, 50/50, etc)
1 lemon (optional)
- Drain the tins of tuna and sweetcorn and place the contents in a bowl
- Wash and slice the spring onions, then add to the bowl with the tuna and sweetcorn
- Add the light mayonnaise to the bowl and mix the ingredients together
- Wash the lettuce leaves and tomatoes. Slice or tear the lettuce and dice the tomatoes
- Lay a wrap open, place some of the lettuce and tomatoes inside then top with a few tablespoons of the tuna mayonnaise mixture.
- If using, cut the lemon in half and squeeze some lemon juice over the tuna. When squeezing the juice out of the lemon place your other hand between the wrap and the lemon, with fingers slightly parted, so you catch any pips that may fall out
- Fold the sides of the wrap over and roll up so it looks like a big sausage.
* Any leftover wraps or ingredients can be kept in the fridge to eat for up to 2 days later.
* If you want warm wraps, either cook in the microwave for 1 minute (turning half way through) or in the oven for 5 minutes at 180oC / Gas mark 4.
* If you don’t want a wrap, the tuna, sweetcorn, spring onion and mayonnaise mixture can be eaten with a baked potato (served with a nice side salad)
* You can use low fat plain yogurt instead of mayonnaise for this recipe