Tomato & Basil Soup
2 medium onions
2 gloves of garlic
2 sticks of celery
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 vegetable stock cube
2 large tomatoes
2 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
½ a bunch of fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of dried basil
Black pepper, to taste
- Peel the onions, garlic and carrots. Crush or dice the garlic and chop both the onions and carrots
- Wash and slice the celery
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, over a medium heat
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery to the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly
- Meanwhile, mix the stock cube with 400ml boiling water (in a measuring jug). Wash and chop the tomatoes and fresh basil (if using).
- Add the stock, chopped tomatoes, tinned tomatoes and 300ml boiling water to the saucepan
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the basil and black pepper to the saucepan, stir and simmer for a further 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Puree the soup using a hand blender or pour into a blender
* Any leftover soup can be kept in the fridge to eat for up to 2 days later. Alternatively, it can be placed in freezer bags and stored in the freezer for up to 3 month.
Fruit Scones Ingredients: 250g self-raising [...]
Fruit Kebabs Ingredients: 1 x [...]
Apple Crumble Ingredients: 150g plain [...]
Tomato Relish Ingredients: 2 large [...]
Tzatziki Dip Ingredients: ½ cucumber [...]