2 large potatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
2-3 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs or chilli flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC / Gas mark 6
- Wash the potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. To do this, cut a potato in half, lengthways. Cut that half in half, again lengthways. Turn the potato skin side on the chopping board and, carefully, cut the potato quarter in half, lengthways. Repeat with the rest of the potato. You should end up with 8 wedges. Repeat this process with the remaining potato and sweet potatoes
- Place the wedges in a large bowl, drizzle over the oil and add the mixed herbs or chilli flakes
- Mix everything together, by hand, and lay out on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place in the centre of the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes (turning half way through), or until cooked through. You should be able to easily stick a knife or fork all the way through the wedges when cooked.
* Any leftover wedges can be kept in the fridge to eat for up to 2 days later
* Leaving the skin on the potatoes is a great way to add fibre to your diet, which is good for gut health
* Instead of using a bowl, if you have freezer bags you can place all the ingredients in them, close and shake them to mix everything together. It’s a fun way to get children involved in the recipe too.
* The sweet potatoes count towards your 5 a day