Pork & Apple Burgers
1 slice of bread
1 medium sized apple
400g lean pork mince
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Black pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread and then grate into breadcrumbs (or place in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin)
- Wash the apple, cut into quarters, cut out the core and grate each quarter
- Peel the onion and grate
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat with a fork
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together to combine
- Separate the mixture into 4 equal sized balls and then shape into burgers (about 1 cm thick) using your hands
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and dry fry the burgers for around 15-20 minutes (turning half way through) or until cooked. Pierce the burgers with knife or skewer, if the juices run clear the burger is cooked.
- Serve in a bread roll with salad vegetables like lettuce and tomato. Alternatively, serve with homemade potato wedges and a side salad.
* Any leftover burgers can be kept in the fridge to eat for up to 2 days later. Alternatively, they can be placed in freezer bags and stored in the freezer for up to 3 month.
* To make this burger veggie or vegan swap the pork mince for meat-free mince and swap the Worcestershire sauce for Henderson’s relish.
Fruit Scones Ingredients: 250g self-raising [...]
Fruit Kebabs Ingredients: 1 x [...]
Apple Crumble Ingredients: 150g plain [...]
Tomato Relish Ingredients: 2 large [...]
Tzatziki Dip Ingredients: ½ cucumber [...]