500g white, skinless fish fillets – cod, haddock, basa, etc (de-frosted if frozen)
½ tub of golden breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC / Gas mark 4
- Cut the fish into finger shaped strips
- Beat the egg in a bowl
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate or a separate bowl
- Dip a fish strip into the beaten egg followed by the breadcrumbs. Coat the fish with the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat for the rest of the strips of fish.
- Place the baking tray, with the fish fingers on, in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the fish is cooked
- Serve with potato wedges and coleslaw, steamed vegetables or a side salad (or make a fish finger sandwich)
* Any leftover cooked fish fingers can be kept in the fridge to eat for up to 2 days later. Alternatively, they can be placed in freezer bags and stored in the freezer for up to 3 month.
* Swap the fish for bite sized chunks of chicken to make chicken nuggets
* If you want to make your own breadcrumbs, toast 2 slices of bread and, when they’ve cooled, grate them (or place in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin)
* You can also make the fish fingers with non-white fish fillets such as salmon, if you’d prefer.
Fruit Scones Ingredients: 250g self-raising [...]
Fruit Kebabs Ingredients: 1 x [...]
Apple Crumble Ingredients: 150g plain [...]
Tomato Relish Ingredients: 2 large [...]
Tzatziki Dip Ingredients: ½ cucumber [...]