Chilli Prawn Pasta
300g dried pasta (ideally spaghetti or linguine but any pasta will do)
2 spring onions
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
200g cooked king prawns (defrosted, if from frozen)
½ teaspoon chilli flakes (or 1 chilli, chopped with the seeds removed)
Black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon of dried parsley or 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions (usually 10-12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, peel and crush or slice the garlic then wash and slice the spring onions
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and reserve a cup of the pasta water
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and chilli flakes and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the prawns and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the pasta to the frying pan along with a few splashes of the pasta water and a pinch of black pepper.
- Squeeze the lemon juice straight into the pan (through the fingers of your other hand so you can catch any pips) and mix everything together
- Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley (if using)
- Serve with a side salad
* Any leftover chilli prawn pasta can be kept in the fridge to eat for up to 2 days later.
* If you like spicy food, add more chilli flakes (or keep the seeds in, if using a chilli)
* Using wholewheat pasta is a great way to increase you fibre intake
* The left over lemon half can be kept in the fridge for 2 days, if you make this again, or used to make a tzatziki dip
Fruit Scones Ingredients: 250g self-raising [...]
Fruit Kebabs Ingredients: 1 x [...]
Apple Crumble Ingredients: 150g plain [...]
Tomato Relish Ingredients: 2 large [...]
Tzatziki Dip Ingredients: ½ cucumber [...]