Chicken Stir Fry
2 nests of dried egg noodles
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 chicken breasts or skinless boneless thighs
2 garlic cloves
½ thumb size piece of ginger (optional)
2-3 spring onions (or ½ an onion, peeled and sliced)
1 red or yellow pepper
Handful of broccoli florets
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon chilli flakes or paste (optional)
Black pepper, to taste
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. Drain and leave in the saucepan covered in cold water.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and chop the carrot and ginger (if using) into matchsticks
- Peel and crush or slice the garlic
- Wash the spring onions, pepper and broccoli
- Slice the spring onions, de-seed and cut the pepper into matchstick shapes, chop the broccoli florets in half or quarters (depending on size).
- Heat the oil in a wok (or large saucepan) over a medium to high heat
- Add the chicken and brown while continuously stirring (should take about 5 minutes)
- Turn to a high heat and add the vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok along with the soy sauce, chilli flakes /paste (if using) and black pepper
- Mix together and keep stirring for another minute or two until the noodles, chicken and vegetables are covered in the soy sauce
* Any leftover stir-fry can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
* You can use other vegetables as well or instead of the ones listed above (e.g. green beans, cabbage or sweetcorn)
* Frozen or tinned vegetables (in water) can be used for this recipe instead of fresh ones. If using frozen vegetables, make sure they are defrosted before cooking.
* To add a bit more flavor, you could toast some sesame seeds in another saucepan and add these to the stir-fry at the end of cooking.
Fruit Scones Ingredients: 250g self-raising [...]
Fruit Kebabs Ingredients: 1 x [...]
Apple Crumble Ingredients: 150g plain [...]
Tomato Relish Ingredients: 2 large [...]
Tzatziki Dip Ingredients: ½ cucumber [...]